Back to School Goals!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hi friends! 

I started seeing this Back to School Goals linky party going around Instagram, and I wanted to join in on the fun!  Thank you to
I {heart} Recess for this awesome idea!

Presentation2

Personal: I used to work out every single day, and then I fell off the wagon.  Now I’m determined to start it up again!  Unfortunately, if I don’t do it every day, I don’t stay as motivated.  But I’m planning to go to the Bahamas with family next year, so now I have something to work towards!

Organization:  I am NOT known for being very organized at home.  But at school, I’m kind of a rock star!  I looooove binders, file folders, cute boxes, binder clips, snack baggies, colorful paper clips...you name it.  I have worked really hard on coming up with a system that works for me to keep me from going crazy when I’m searching for something I need in my classroom.  Except for my library.  I’ve had magical dreams of leveling all of my books and organizing them by theme and reading level, but I never got around to it.  This is going to be a HUGE undertaking, but I am very excited to try it this year.  I’ve found labels that I’m super in love with {found
here! BTW, I adore Maria’s classroom! Check out the photos on her blog!}, and I’m using the Scholastic Book Wizard app on my iPhone and computer {check it out here!}.  I’m kind of dreading this plan, but the good news is, I only have to do it once!  Please let me know if you have any tips and tricks that work for you!   

Planning: I LOVE the visual lesson plans Cara over at The First Grade Parade uses.  In her plans, she includes small photos of read-aloud books and cover pages from TPT products that she uses during lessons.  Such an amazing idea!  Want to know how she does it?  Check it out here!

Professional:  My school is using Singapore Math this year, and I have to become acquainted with the program!  My goal is to create some helpful resources that align with SM.  We’re also working on revamping our assessments this year.  Sounds fun, right???

Students: I want to force inspire my kids to become more aware of their responsibilities and to “own” their work more this year.  I love when they get so excited to show off their work!  I would love it even more if they felt that way about homework…

Motto:  I LOVE KID PRESIDENT!  This quote is just so inspiring and relevant.  He’s so adorable!  And hilarious! 

tumblr_mh7168qzPi1rav3clo1_1280

    images0197ZGR1  tumblr_mbkwd9fvPm1rav3clo1_1280-500x281 

kid-pres-school1

 

I hope you are all having a great end of the summer!  I know there are some year-round teachers who started school again this week, and I hope you’re having an amazing time with your kids!

Happy Teaching!

Signature

No comments