July Currently

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hey, kids!

I can’t believe it’s already July!  I hope you are all having an amazing summer!  Here is my July Currently.  Thank you,
Farley!

July Currently

Listening: These guys are one of my favorite bands.  I looooooove Dave Gahan’s voice, and I love 80’s music! 

Loving: My “summer” lasted only a week!  I’m teaching summer school most of the summer, so I’m really excited for a day off!  Happy 4th, everyone!  Have fun and be safe!

Thinking: (Admit it, all of you have wondered every once in a while.  Cat people.  Dog people.  Small children people.)  My cat was being mischievous, and all of a sudden, she stood up and sat in a corner facing the wall.  I call that a self-proclaimed Time Out.  Way to go, kitty.

Wanting: I’m so proud of my team this year!  I’ve been watching most of the games (thanks, DVR and the trusty FAST FORWARD BUTTON) and it’s been an exciting World Cup!  That can only mean one thing: there are so many amazing teams out there!  I’ve been rooting for the underdogs, as well, but my heart will always be in Deutschland.

Needing: I’m in the midst of classroom decorating decision-making, and it’s hard.  Ya’ll know how it is.  I LOVE TPT for so many reasons, but I also slightly dislike it, because there are too many options sometimes.  You guys are too amazing!!!

4th Plans: When I was little, my mom and I used to crash our neighbor’s party and watch the Disneyland fireworks from their balcony.  It was great!  And now, we watch from inside, a little cramped and squished on the floor, but with an equally awesome view. 

I can’t wait to read what all of you are up to in your Currently posts!

Happy Teaching!


Signature

7 comments

  1. Hey Heidi, I found your blog on Farley's Currently. I read your whole blog just now…all of it from way back in March. We have so much in common! I started my blog in March too and used Megan from A Bird in Hand Designs.. AND we both teach in CA. Do you teach in Southern California if so, you should check out our FB group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthernCaliforniaTeachers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my blog! Yay! I love having things in common with people :) I do teach in Southern California! I will definitely check out your FB group...right after I check out your blog! Have a great 4th!

      Delete
  2. Short weeks during summer school are the best! I always think, I could get used to this! :)

    I also often wondering what my dog is thinking about. It is such a mystery!

    Have a great 4th of July weekend!

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking today that my summer program should all be 4 day weeks. Actually, the whole school year should stick to that plan, as well! ;) Have a great 4th of July!

      Delete
  3. I just love the name of your blog! Teaching kindergarten means there is always glitter everywhere!! I can TOTALLY understand the craziness of trying to decide how to decorate your classroom!! I couldn't find what I liked so I'm in the midst of making up my own stuff!! So glad I found your blog through Farley's July Currently linkup! Consider me your newest follower!!
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I just noticed that you commented! I've taught Kinder, and I definitely understand the glitter situation. That's what made me decide on my blog name! My second graders have it just a liiiiitle bit more under control, but we still find glitter for days! I'm going to check out your blog today! Good luck with figuring out classroom decorations! Hopefully you'll post some pictures! :)

      Delete
  4. So sorry, I just saw your comment! I just checked out your blog and immediately fell in love. I love the 25 clever classroom tips! Genius! I'll be entering your newest giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete